Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movie Quotes Quiz

RULES:


1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad.
6. You DON'T have to be tagged in the note to play.

I took this idea from friend Jenny! If you decide to do this, tell me so I can go see your list!
And I broke the rule about one-liners in a few spots.

*************

1. No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
Star Wars V The Empire Strikes Back- Jenny
2. May I take your trident, sir?
3. Because of our traditions... Every one of us knows who he is and what God expects him to do. Fiddler on the Roof- Melissa
4. NOW gimme some fightin' room! The Great Race- Kara
5. You have no compassion for my poor nerves. Pride and Prejudice- Jenny
6. Swell party, where's the whisky?
7. You are a MURDERER OF LOVE! Dan in Real Life- Melissa
8. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart.
9. I'm not responsible for what people think, only for what I am.
10. There comes a time in every son's life when he must, indeed, follow his father's advice: I shall go to bed at once. An Ideal Husband- Heidi
11. Mr. Provolon-e. Where are those G's? Oscar- Heidi
12. It doesn't matter. He believes in you. The Count of Monte Cristo- Daniel
13. I've been using some fruity soaps, Maggie. Waking Ned Devine- Melissa
14. So unless we intend to do this job in Reno, we're in barney. Ocean's Eleven- Melissa
15. I coulda been a contender. On the Waterfront- Laura

12 comments:

Raspberry said...

Yay! I'm so glad you did this. It's so frustrating, because there's a couple on there that I know....but I don't know.
So, here's my guesses:
1. Star Wars
5. Pride and Prejudice. Probably any version, because it's all of them. Except the Mormon one.
15. Muppet Treasure Island? Probably not, but just so you know they DO say it in there. :)

Melissa said...

Yep...Jenny took the only two I knew for sure...Yoda and Mrs. Bennett but I am pretty sure the 7 is Dan in Real Life and 14 is Ocean's Eleven. If I had to guess for 3, I would say Fiddler on the Roof. And finally one of my favorite movies also...13 is Waking Ned Divine (I am pretty sure). I know 15 is some famous movie that I should know but can't think of it.

Laura said...

#15~ On the Waterfront?? That's my guess...

Shayla said...

uh...12. Lion King? Wow, I'm bad at this game...

Heidi Noel said...

Is 11 Oscar?
All the easy ones are taken!

Heidi Noel said...

Hey, check out my post tomorrow for my try at the game at least one should be easy for you. :)

Heidi Noel said...

#10 An Ideal Husband? (I found it while doing my own)

Daniel Thornton said...

#12 is totally from "The Count of Monte Cristo." That's very probably the best line of the whole movie! (Daniel)

Home Tour said...

4. The Great Race. :)
Kara

Marisa said...

of course one of my own should get #4 :)

Carrie said...

ok so i checked in on your blog too late... i totally knew like 5 of these but the ones that are left are too tricky for me! i did have a guess for number 8, but then i looked it up and found out i was wrong... but now that i know where it's from i totally remember that line! i won't put down the real answer because i cheated. :) this is fun, i'll have to do it on our blog!

Home Tour said...

Of course I got 4. The funny thing is I can hear YOU saying it! HA!
Kara