Monday, February 02, 2009

Facts about Me. Again :)

Friend Heidi tagged me to do 25 random things about myself. I'll try to make it interesting, since I've done these before. If you'd rather not waste time reading this, check back later in the week. Perhaps there'll be something more to your liking then. ;o)

1. 6 out of 7 days of the week I eat a plain-type cereal (Rice Krispies, Wheaties, Cheerios) with bananas and honey for breakfast. It's the Marisa Standard.

2. Marjorie Pay Hinckley is one of my heroes.

3. I am rather addicted to chocolate. (But not white chocolate. It's not really chocolate!!)

4. It seems that I am always the youngest in every organization I've been part of or circle of friends. :oS

5. I began taking piano lessons at age 10, but I don't really have much to show for it now.

6. I'm not a fan of lemon or mint flavored stuff.

7. I can beat you at fooseball. Except for my brother Dan. Nobody can beat him. He is the ultimate champion.

8. I REALLY don't like action movies.

9. I love to play games.

10. I always get in an ambitious mood at night.

11. I think I have stranger-phobia.

12. I don't like strong-smelling things... men's cologne, laundry detergent, soap, candles, etc. I almost pass out every time we pass Yankee Candle or Bath and Body Works in a mall.

13. I seem to oscillate between being obsessively responsible and forgetting everything under the sun.

14. I like old music (Etta James, Nat King Cole) and old movies (The Great Escape, The Big Country).

15. I don't generally enjoy being crafty (i.e. sewing, making decorations, etc.)

16. I'm excited to get a dog someday. A large one. A girl. Her name will be Ruby.
17. I plan out my day everyday. Really. EVERYDAY.

18. I was never a really good student.

19. I never lived in a land-locked state until I went to college.

20. I have a great love for breakfast.

21. I am in two book groups.

22. I love my job.

23. I was afraid of elevators and subways when we lived in New York City. But then I was 8 yrs. old.

24. I work in our church's Primary every Sunday. (Primary= where the kids go for the last two hours of church.) It surely is an interesting time! I'll really miss it when they release me this year.

25. I still don't feel like an adult. I wonder when that will happen...


8 comments:

Raspberry said...

I totally agree about white chocolate. ek.

Raspberry said...

What kind of dog? I love to go to adoption day at PetSmart. The puppies are so fun to snuggle and pretend we can get one.

Heidi Noel said...

Why are they releasing you this year? the baby? is Brian done!?

The Trees said...

Hey Marisa, I found your blog through Kersten's. Pretty much all of that I didn't know. Made me laugh! Hope you are all doing well.
Heidi

Marisa said...

What kind of dog....maybe a golden retriever, or a border collie, or a samoyed, or just a good old mutt.
Heidi- yes, because of baby. Brian's still got about 2 1/2 yrs. left to go.
Heidi (my cousin)- I'm glad you found us! You have a blog as well? :)

mountainmama said...

I don't feel like an adult either and I have at least 6 years on you. I think I will never feel like an adult. Except when I see high school kids making out and I think ewh....where is your mother? Oh wait I am almost old enough to be their mother. Anyways major ramdom thought....I guess its old age catching up to me.

Julie and Matt said...

I was always the youngest in every group I was a part of too but after 6 years of grad school that changed. People like you moved in and suddenly I was old. I still don't feel grown up either even with 3 kids of my own

Raspberry said...

And this is random, but I think you look a little like Juliette Binoche. (Dan in Real Life...Chocolat...etc.) It's completely a compliment.