Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holy Moley, Can I Get a Break?

Do you ever have days that go like this:

Wake up to phone ringing. Lady tells you there's loud music, take care of it. Grumble back upstairs. Get dressed. Get shoes on, and get ready to give someone a p
iece of your mind. Find out that the loud music is just the University football team practicing. Drive around town for 2 hours, make wrong turn after wrong turn (even in your OWN town). Everyone seems to be cutting you off. Go get prescription. Lady tells you your insurance is expired. (You just got that stupid insurance card!) Pay more money than you should've. Realize that you are CRAZY hungry. And pregnant. What a combo. Get home, feed child and yourself. Child refuses to eat. Child takes off bib and picks up his lunch with it, then rubs the food that was on his hands on his clothes. Decide child must be done. Get child down from chair. Child bawls. Loudly. Pick child up. Hit your head on the corner. Wail. Child laughs at you. Go upstairs and read child shortest book in a monotone voice. Put child in crib. Go lay on bed and cry.


Well, if you have had a day like this, I feel ya
.
Just sayin'.


5 comments:

Raspberry said...

Oh honey...please CALL me when this happens. I can help! Or at least provide you with chocolate. Oh, I'm a great source of chocolate. :)

I hope tomorrow is better.

Heather Hoyt said...

This helped me--to remember that there are crummy days, and its okay that they happen. Because they pass.

So hopefully my crummy day will pass.

Heidi Noel said...

Yesterday was like that for me. Marcus emptied a full bottle of baby wash into the tub last night and that just about did me in. Today was better. May you be able to say that soon.

Marisa said...

I hope you all don't think I was throwing myself a pity party... It was just one of those days where the little annoying things keep building on each other...and at some point, you just lose it. I hope your days are better today, too! :)

Kersten said...

Wow, that is a perfect pic of the little boy. I think we all have days like that. Hang in there, they don't last.