Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paper Mache Vegetables & a Really Cute Book

As is required for my job, I am to run a "program" each month. Another Resident Manager and myself teach a class called Creative Critters. Each time we read the kids a story, then do a craft related to the story. So last month I read the kids this awesome book Tops and Bottoms and then we made paper mache vegetables. I was rather proud of this idea, so I thought I'd post it. ...Especially as I'm NOT crafty. The paper mache vegetables idea came from Family Fun's website. You just ball up newspaper roughly in the shape of the vegetable you want to make, use masking tape to hold the shape (and cover up the dark print spots), paint it all over with Mod Podge, then layer small cut-out colored tissue paper squares. To make the stem, just shape some masking tape into the form of a stem, cover it in Mod Podge, then cover it with the tissue paper. :)

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

My mom has given me a subscription to Family Fun every year for my birthday. That is where a lot of my Creative Critter ideas came from. Who are you doing it with? Nicole? Is Cammie still doing scrapbooking?

Raspberry said...

That is a way cute idea, and I love that book! I can't wait till Eli can come to these (although I will miss him napping...)

Marisa said...

I'm still doing it with Nicole. Cammie is still doing scrapbooking. Did you know they are done this May? They're moving to Pennsylvania, I think. I love Family Fun. Clancy gets it and she'll put it in our boxes especially around holidays for CC ideas. :)