Thursday, February 26, 2009

Free Zoo Day

This last Tuesday I went to the Denver Zoo with friend Traci and her kids. It was just my second time and I'm glad I had a veteran zoo-goer with me! She knew all the tricks to get through the crowded-ness of free zoo days: like never park anywhere except on the 4th level in the parking garage or you'll be waiting and waiting for the elevators! And...let's bypass the 15 minute-wait to get into the parking garage by going through the other parking lots! Haha! Suckers! (just kidding.)

He really liked watching the animals this time. Last time he was 11 months old and it was like, "An enormous gorilla? eh...that's alright I guess."
Riding the carousel. He was rather afraid when it started up. I managed to keep him on the thing though. He better, dang it. I paid $1.50 for this silly ride. ;)

Ooh lala! The train ride!

4 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

WOW! The carousel used to be only $1! We don't have a zoo here. Sad.

Raspberry said...

So sad we couldn't go. Of course, it was better that we didn't, but I think Eli would have loved it.

Shayla said...

HOLY COW HE'S NOT EVEN A BABY ANYMORE HE'S A LITTLE KID!!!! Woah that was a weird realization...

Marisa said...

It was $1.50 WITH Traci's membership discount! So normally more than that, I guess.

Jenny- I wish you could've been there, but considering...yeah, I don't think you would've enjoyed it. ;)

Shay- yes. It's weird!! He's not so much a baby anymore! :'oS