Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day

Hooray! Yesterday Brian didn't have to work, and so we went out to The Huckleberry for BREAKFAST in Louisville. I had crepes with a HUGE sausage (that I didn't eat), Brian had french toast with chicken apple sausage (which was...interesting), and Cameroon had wild huckleberry pancakes with a LOT of butter and a couple sips of my orange juice. I had to hide my orange juice or you better believe he'd drink it ALL GONE. Then we came home, bummed around, made a FORT in the living room, and went on a SHORT hike at Chataqua Park. Cameron did not like riding in our ERGO, so he walked (while we held his hands) for probably almost 1/2 a mile. I think he was tired at the end (re: wailing and gnashing of teeth). Oh, and we saw a BLACK squirrel. It really was black. Or maybe it wasn't a squirrel. It had VERY big ears to be a squirrel!





At the beginning of the hike...still happy
THIS is the crazy BLACK "squirrel"

Our flash is a little out of control. But this is the fort. Cameron surely liked it.


3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

You guys are so fun. That is a black squirrel. We were told that they are rare and only live at Chitaqua. Your fort is better than my forts. Luke climbs over top and busts those.

Marisa said...

Yeah! I looked up Black Squirrels and you are right! It also turns out that they are variants of the regular old grey squirrel--only they're "melanistic" of the grey squirrel which means they're "opposite albinos"! Crazy huh! :oD

Shayla said...

ooohhhh, I WANT A FORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!