Thursday, December 01, 2011

Turkey Day

We were able to get away to see some family for Thanksgiving! I'm glad we made it--we weren't sure if the weather was going to cooperate with us or not (we drove). We had a great time seeing everyone; wish it didn't always go by so dang fast.

So my parents have a big bathtub and Cameron and Liesel (especially Liesel) LOVE it. My Mom put in some bubble bath and when my Dad turned on the jets full blast, OH MY. I've never seen anything like it:


this one really makes me laugh.. Cam's being swallowed up!


I got a little nostalgic and took some pictures of some of our old family decorations. These guys (salt and pepper shakers) have become kind of a joke amongst us kids...  they're watching yooouuu!

A MUST tradition in my family is to make Mom's cinnamon rolls.






We visited Great Grandma and Grandpa too of course :)

Liez on Turkey Day

After dinner the kids put on some plays for us to watch in the basement. Man, they were funny. The one pictured below went like this: One kids acts like they're sitting down. And then the rest of the kids come up one by one and says, "watcha doin?" And the kid answers, "Sitting on the invisible bench." And then the questioner says, "Can I join you?" Kid says, "Sure." Then Cameron comes out and says, "Whatcha doin?" They answer: "Sitting on the invisible bench." And he says, "That's not the invisible bench! It's over here!" And they all fall down. 

Good times, good times.


oh yes. I forgot to write about when Cam and Hyrum greeted each other (Hyrum is my sister's son and same age as Cam). 
Hyrum walks in the door at my parent's house and exclaims, "Cameron!" 
Cameron:  "I've got a plan." 
:-)

5 comments:

Docney said...

Precious pictures and comments !!!!!
Try to find a way to put your blog (ALL of it) on a DVD or so.
The kids will LOVE it when they have grown up, Great memories of their youth.
Wish we had been this advanced many moons ago :-(
Oh well, we can't have everything, can we now ?
LOVE from Portland,
Gr.Gramma N and her other half.

Scott said...

Love the bath tub pictures! Cute blog of your fun family! I hope it's okay if I add your blog link to my list ? You can awkwardly let me know if it's not :)

Becky said...

Cute kiddos! Glad you guys had a great thanksgiving.

mountainmama said...

I am so happy you were able to be with family for thanksgiving. I love Liesel in the turkey hat.

Raspberry said...

I laughed so hard - "I've got a plan."
So hard....