Memorial Day weekend is a BIG deal here in Boulder. I think the city swells to twice its size (population). We have the BolderBoulder 10K race that runs right past our back door and ends at Folsom Stadium-- a few minutes' walk up the hill. The race has about 54,000 participants. There's also the Boulder Creek Festival for the duration of the whole weekend. Brian has ran the BolderBoulder each year we've been here. Here are this year's pictures:
Here he comes! Brian's in the green shirt
I told Brian he'd better wave at the kids this time so they can see him. As my Dad put it, the race is kind of a "mass of humanity." I didn't want the kids to miss him. Brian did pretty well for himself. He says he's not fast, but um, yes he is. I'd say a 7 minute mile for 6 miles is fast. But he runs with some guys who like fastER, so...whatev.
Always LOVE those bagpipe guys that play right before the finish outside Folsom Stadium.
Cameron stood like a statue for the entire time we were watching them. I tried to talk to him,, but he was pretty mesmerized and didn't respond. :)
On Sunday after church we took a walk along the creek and played at the "Shady Playground" in Family Housing.
Thanks for coming to visit us, Mom and Dad! :)















1 comments:
I know, I know. Ryan was so bummed that he 'only' averaged a 7 minute.
Post a Comment