Some things I have learned about having two:
1. How true the statement "necessity is the mother of invention." I used to ask myself, "how the heck am I going to do anything with two??" Welp, we figure it out because we HAVE to! (You also find the truth in this when you have your first too.)
2. My friend Melissa said something along these lines: no matter how many kids you have (whether it's 1 or 2 or 4, etc.), they always take up as much as time as you have. Yep! I'm not really any busier than I was when it was just Cameron.
3. It's really not as scary as I thought it was going to be.
4. A baby is far easier than a two year old. Good heavens...
5. ...To let people help me.
(Lest any reader out there think to themselves, "actually, Marisa..." let me say I'm not perfect at it.)
Jane 23
5 months ago















7 comments:
hmmm.
1. Nice to know it's not so bad.
2. I want to help. I DOOOOO.
3. Or at least have play time.
4. NOTHING takes precedence like a poopy diaper.
Yesterday I felt so good about how the day went. Today, not so much. I am guessing that you take it a day at a time like everyone else.
I *try* to take it a day a time. This morning didn't go well (1/2 hour tantrums, etc.) but it's getting better! Naptime and talking to my Mom help me feel better. :)
Jenny, you're so great. I wish you were a little closer, darn it. Maybe this afternoon or next week we can get these boys together.
Wait till you have three...
Just kidding. Three was a big hurdle for me to get used to, but you're right. Busy is busy. I feel ya!!
I found the day to day life with two a good deal more challenging than with one. Suddenly there is no more free time. This is why we are taking lots of time before even thinking about three.
I have the hardest time letting or especially asking for help. I feel like I should be able to take care of everything. Isn't that what a good Mormon mommy and wife does? HA!
So true! Except that I would take the 2 year over a baby any day...maybe I just had difficult babies???
Post a Comment