Sunday, August 28, 2011

Family Reunion Part I

We met up with my family the latter part of July for a family reunion. We spent some time in Wyoming, Bear Lake, and in the Salt Lake Valley!


We rolled into Pickleville, UT and shared a raspberry and a grasshopper shake (grasshoppers are a Keebler's cookie. We wouldn't eat grasshoppers. C'mon) while we waited to meet up with my family before we headed off to see a melodrama at the local theater:

The name of the melodrama was "Who Shot Juanito Bandito." I admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but it was pretty funny :)

Up in little-town Wyoming we saw a Pioneer Day parade:

And went wading in the freezing water of a little creek by my Uncle's home. It was so pretty! Cameron was fully dressed before this, but a car was coming down the dirt road and my bro in-law was warning the kids to watch out. Cameron panicked and flopped belly first into the huge creek puddle. So off came the clothes (and then everyone else's did too eventually--the kids' clothes, of course).



We also went to a rodeo! It was funny to watch the mutton-busters (little tiny kids trying to ride a sheep as long as they can without falling off). As for the rest of the rodeo, I kept saying to Brian and my Mom, "isn't this so mean? I'm thinking rodeos aren't my thing..." I felt so bad for the calves they roped up. It just looks so rough. Some of you from rodeo country may laugh, but I didn't grow up around that kind of thing! Anyway, here's Cameron and his cousin, Hyrum waiting at the fence for the "go ahead" to run to the middle of the field and catch a bunny. We didn't realize that if you did catch it, you "got to" to keep it! Good thing they weren't as fast as some of the other kids ;)  They had 2 bunnies in the middle of the corral and they actually didn't move a muscle. They just sat docile and let whoever was fastest come grab them up.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

The crazier one is when they let a pig out and whoever catches it keeps it. Oh man.
Liesl. Oh MAN is she one cute face.

Shayla said...

Love mutton bustin'!