Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dad's Birthday/General RS Broadcast

 On the 24th, I took the kids and we took a little jaunt to Utah for me Dad's birthday and for the Relief Society General Broadcast. (Mom said the closing prayer, which was great!)

Dad is a master gardener. Here he is in his glory!

Harvesting tomatoes
day of the Broadcast. Mom, sisters, aunts, and cousins went to the Lion House Pantry for lunch. Such a wonderful day!



Playing at Temple Square!


A few minutes after we took these pictures, an Ensign photographer came and took more picture of us. We'll see if we make into the November Ensign! In any case, he said he'd email them to us!


After the broadcast with Mom, Dad, Kara, Janna, and I. We ate at Leatherby's with everyone. Almond Joy sundaes are the BEST!
 

A new favorite breakfast at Mom and Dad's are spiced pancakes topped with applesauce and whipped cream. Liesel insisted on more and more and more and more whipped cream. We indulged her.





5 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

You all resemble each other. That doesn't happen in my family.

Those pancakes sound lovely. (Post the recipe sometime even if it isn't dinner food.) In our house my kids like pumpkin pancakes with whipped cream.

Alissa said...

Looks like a blast, I wish I could have been there to be with all of you guys!

Docney said...

Thanks Marisa.
Beautiful shot of Liesel !!!
I felt so bad when your Mom almost choked up at the closing prayer, but can share the emotion of the moment. Happened to me at your wedding lunch, remember ?.
Lots of LOVE for the "fofya"
Oma and Opa Neyenhuis
p.s. wish your Dad a belated happy birthdy !

Shayla said...

Maritsa you look so great!! I miss your face.

Kersten said...

Oh my gosh, Almond Joy sundaes from Leatherby's are my FAVORITE! Oh did I say I don't even really like icecream?