Monday, October 18, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park

We finally made it up to Rocky Mountain National Park two Saturdays ago. It was a bit cold up there, and at times Cameron made sure we knew that. But, we were determined to have a good time anyway.


Moraine Park

Moraine Park again

Pondering the glory.

Uh... NO, we were not eating highly processed snack-treaty foods. And NO, we did not let Liesel have one for each hand....

Sprague Lake

"D'you know what? I'm cold."

Sprague Lake again. Yes, there are people on the water behind me. They were fishing while standing on a rock under the surface of the water. No miracle.

Looking at the elk at Este's Park. We thought she'd be more enthusiastic, but all she would say is "Dat."
After 10 seconds at this scene, Cameron goes, "Mom, d'you know what? Let's gooo. Let's go now."

3 comments:

The Millers said...

We made it to the Park once while we were there. I was really pregnant with Davey and didn't make it out of the car a couple of times. The parts I did see were beautiful though-just like your pictures. And I do remember it was cold--even in the middle of July.

Heidi Noel said...

Sadly, we never made it there. We thought that we had so much time. Just goes to show...

Those elk are beautiful! I can see my hunting husband and BIL drooling, though. ;)

Raspberry said...

Moraines! I love moraines.