Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Adventures of Cameron: Helicopters & Crash Pads



Brian has a little remote control helicopter he got from his parents for Christmas. The other day he brought it out and put it in the middle of the floor. Then out of the corner of my eye I see Cameron back up into our closet. "Oh, is he afraid of it?" I asked.
Brian says, "No, he likes it. He just keeps his distance and breathes hard."
.... oh.

Many of you know we moved Cameron to a big boy bed. It's been a successful switch and a very interesting one too. Anyway, every night before I go to sleep I peek in on him. One night I found him standing against his bed, with his upper body still on the mattress, completely asleep.
He also falls off his bed every night lately. Usually he'll wake up and get back on himself or cry until we come put him back. After the first few times he fell off, I made a little "crash pad" of blankets that we'd pull out at bedtime. Last night I heard a loud thump which sounded like he fell off. I waited to hear whining or crying, but it was silent. So I jumped out of bed and peeked in his room. He was on the floor on his crash pad with his blanket over his head, asleep!

3 comments:

Raspberry said...

That is so funny! What a cute little boy you have.
I remember when my brothers shared bunk beds, Jake was always falling off the top one. He'd crash - Zac wouldn't hear him because he sleeps like the dead - and then climb back up. He said he used to wake up mid-fall. !

trublubyu said...

that is very cute.

i cannot go to bed until i have checked on my kids, too. and i have found them in some pretty strange positions.

let us know more about the helicopter.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...adorable! Crash pad for his helicopter landing...so strange that the two of those completely different stories had a common theme...