fun!
and exhausting!
...I gotta stop signing myself up for so many things.
Cameron was a robot. It was a homemade thing and I thought it did look cool, but I was a little surprised at how COOL everybody else thought it was. Brian was on the production and I was on design. Most of the parts were from Brian's lab. And he found LED lights for the eyes... so yep, they really lit up. Those homemade costumes= extra points.
Liesel was a black cat and Ivy was a mouse. That Ivy...she loves her
candy. She was getting mad at me because the ward Halloween party
couldn't come soon enough and then trick-or-treating couldn't come soon
enough. I believe the words were, "I want trick-or-treating NOW!!" There were some tears.Brian told me that Cameron thanked Heavenly Father the other night that "mom signed me up for the switch witch." Glad (and relieved) he approves. In case you don't know, the "Switch Witch" is a lovely idea where kids give away all but a certain number of pieces of candy (our kids keep 10 pieces) to the switch witch and she comes and trades the candy for toys. Ivy received toy boats for the tub, Liesel got a dancing ribbon, and Cameron got a Lego Creator set.
| At Liesel's preschool Halloween parade and party. Cam and Ivy were invited too. |
One thing I love about having little children is how excited and delighted they are with holidays. So it was fun to have them dress up, go to fun parties, and trick-or-treat. I've been wondering this year, though, is it strange to anyone else that we have this holiday with underlying themes of violence and fear? I've never been able to stomach horror stories or movies, but then I don't really understand why it's "entertainment" in the first place.
Speaking of fear...the other night, we woke up to screaming at 2:30 in the morning. It wasn't the kids; it was coming from outside. It sounded like someone was being murdered or their arm was being cut off! Scared me to death. But then I remembered a similar incident in Boulder. We woke up to a similar bark/yell there in the University Family Housing and I looked out the window and saw a little dachshund dog (wearing a sweater!) trotting along through the courtyard and a fox following behind also at a walk-trot barking/yelling at the dog. Most bizarre thing ever.
Have you ever heard a fox call/bark/scream? I think it is the ugliest animal sound.
The "vixen scream" was what we were hearing.















4 comments:
I hope you have seen the Fox by Ylvis. My daughter sings most of it. According to her, a fox says Hatee, hatee ho. Apparently not so much.
Ha Ha! I love the costumes- so creative! And your fox story also made me think of the song "What Does the Fox Say?" by Ylvis. I just discovered it yesterday (I guess I've been living in a hole). It also reminded me of one night in Boulder when I heard what I thought was the crying of a child going on for hours. Turned out to be a fawn caught in a fence!
I love the robot costume! So great - I love creative costumes. You are so awesome. And I love Ivy to little bits and pieces! She is so cute. Let's get her and Jed together again soon - maybe a playdate at one of our houses some morning?
We totally had that last winter - there was a fox at the park by our house and it was SO loud! Thought someone was dying.
Post a Comment