Thursday, August 29, 2013

Liesel turned 4

Oh, this poor blog. So neglected. 
In June, Liesel turned 4. It rained on her birthday, so the party was moved indoors. But we could still do bubble snakes out on the porch! It was fun, and I think the kids really liked it. Word to the wise, though: make sure kids are old enough to understand to blow OUT and not suck IN. Poor Liesel had a mouthful of bubbles a couple times. 
Whoopsies.


  
 We had Liesel's favorite snacks. She is sitting by her favorite friend, Lucy (in the pink).
 Liesel was part of a church friends preschool circle this year and all her preschool friends came.
 She requested an ice cream cake. Can do, kiddo. Can do. (Thank you for NOT saying "the rainbow cake.")


Since I'm not likely to catch up, I'll just give a quick update on everybody:
-Ivy is experimenting with potty-ing! No, I am not pushing this, she's just interested. Kinda nice, I think!
-Liesel starts traditional preschool at a co-op near the University. We are so excited! I think she'll really benefit from it. We also signed her up for a Saturday morning fun preschool-y dance class.
-Cameron started 1st grade 2 Mondays ago. He's enjoying it, and I have really liked what I've seen from his teacher so far. But I think he's still adjusting to the sleep schedule (translation: he's been grumpier. Fun times). He decided he wants to do swimming lessons instead of soccer this fall.
-Brian has had some hiccups with his experiment in the lab, but he's working things out. He's also a ward missionary and been pretty busy helping the missionaries teach. It's happy work.
-As for me, I am excited for Janna to come visit the day after tomorrow! Yippee! I'm keeping busy with Relief Society, and will be a class rep and regular co-oper at Liesel's preschool. I am trying to get out and run to do a race Sept. 14th. Originally I intended to sign up for the 10K, but not sure that's gonna happen. I just can't find the time to get in the miles! I am adjusting to the new school schedule too!

Dan shared this with us, and I loved it. Funny, funny.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Ah, good old "hiccups" in the lab. Story of our life. I cannot believe Cam is in FIRST GRADE!?