Monday, October 17, 2011

Grandma Jill & Grandparents Marsha & Gary Visits

Oh, it was so so lovely to have Jill and my parents come out to visit and help. I wish they all could've stayed longer. We had a lot of fun together and everyone was a tremendous help. I'm so grateful to have supportive and generous parents and parents in-law.

One morning, Jill took the kids to a farm nearby where they have a ton of fun stuff for kids: tree houses, a hay bale maze, a zip line, tire swings, old tractors to climb on, goats, chickens, llamas... and turkeys. Including tom turkeys. They are so impressive to look at, but man they were ANNOYING. (Apparently they were in heat. That would explain a lot.) They would follow people around and stick their necks in their bags. And the toms would fluff up their feathers and get really close to you and wouldn't be shooed away! If they started to walk Cameron's way, he'd jump and run away yelling, "The chickens are coming!!"
It's rather sad to his mother that he does NOT like animals (although the turkey thing was justified). He loved playing on the hay bale maze, but wouldn't explore it because there were chickens walking around in it.

Here he is keeping a watchful eye on them...


and well, this guy was kinda crazy lookin' ...

Liesel doesn't seem to have the same animal phobia, though!

Saying hello to the Toms. I don't think Liesel would've stayed on that bench if her Grandma wasn't sitting there too.

I didn't go on the first trip out to the farm, but the next week when the baby was letting us get more sleep, I ventured out with the gang and my Mom:

The day my Dad had to go back home, we had Brian and the kids play hooky and went to the Zoo. In "Primate Panorama" Dad and Liesel played the drums quite loudly and made some of the passersby stop and look around like, "What the heck is that?!"

Puppy is ever with us, doncha know:

This is a shabby picture, but I'm glad I got it. Cameron has been such a great big brother. He's been surprisingly attentive and affectionate with his new little sister. We packed up the kids into the car after the zoo, and I looked in the backseat and saw this:
(he's holding her hand)  

(-:

6 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I love that last picture. It is a blessing to have a helpful oldest son, let me tell ya. It should come in handy during the dating years, too. ;)

Heather Hoyt said...

Last picture is so sweet. And I have that same sort of blanket and I love it so much.

Steph said...

I love your dad. Seriously.

Spencer and Melissa said...

Whoa! Those Tom Turkeys are HUGE! And I love the picture of your dad and Liesel playing the drums! Her expression is so precious!

Docney said...

As before ! Thank you for the blog and pictures. We devour them, and as i said, it's just a little bit as if we can be there.Cameron's "phobia" wil blow over. As a little boy i lived with foster parents, who had chickens. They scare me to pieces, and would pick on my legs. For some reason, (I guess they got used to me) it stopped. Lots of love for all of you.
Opa and Oma N.

Raspberry said...

I'm glad everything worked out with Ivy. She's already such a beautiful little girl. (Usually they look like an alien for a while, but yours don't do that for very long. )
Hah. I just read that out loud. Maybe I should take a nap today. Hope you're doing well!