Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hangin' In

Well, unfortunately Little Sister has had quite a time adjusting to mortality here. (She cries a lot. ...More than expected.) But, we're hanging in there. Having Grandma Jill here helped us a lot and my own parents have been a big help too. The biggest round of applause goes to Brian; he's the reason I'm still standing. After I feed her during the night, he'll take her downstairs, swaddle, bounce her, and let her have her bawl until the next feeding. There were nights were he got very little sleep. I think one night he only got 3 hours. I feel pretty darn blessed to have such a supportive husband. 

Anyway, we have and are still trying a variety of things to help baby, but I'm not sure any one thing has done much. She's gradually getting better, though, and that's something to hold onto.


6 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

I'm so sorry that she is having such a hard time and I'm so grateful you have such a supportive husband. We are praying for you. My Spencer cried a lot like Ivy. I've read that crying peaks at 6 weeks and then gradually gets less and less after that. Keep hanging in there it will get better.

The Trees said...

She is so beautiful Marisa! Congratulations! I had a very similar experience with my oldest, the crying baby that is. The cholic eventually subsided, but I can relate. You're in my prayers. I'm so glad you have a lot of support. Such a beautiful family you have.

Heidi

Katie G. said...

I feel silly even putting this on here because I feel you are WAY more seasoned of a mother than I am are are think Duh! you don't think I've tried that?

Anyway, my sister-in-law swears by Gripe Water. You can find it at Walmart. It's supposed to help calm them. Annie wasn't much of a fusser so I can't vouch of it's validity but I'd say it's worth a try.

Hang in there!

The Millers said...

It is so hard when you get to the point that you cringe when you hear that little cry! It is great to have a helpful partner. I often wonder how single parents manage!?!

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure you have already brought it up but have you asked the doctor about reflux? My nephew had a rough start too and it ended up being reflux and he cried because he was hurting?

Now go plug your kids in and take a nap!

Becky said...

No sleep for the righteous, right? :) Hope she gets the hang of things soon and that you guys can catch enough cat naps to make it bearable in the meantime.

deb sorensen said...

On Becoming Baby Wise

Best book ever!
both of you, get some sleep already.

next best book ever:
Baby Whisperer

GOOD LUCK!