Friday, July 23, 2010

Neyenhuis Family Reunion - Oregon 2010

We drove out to Lincoln City and stayed at a beach house! So fun! We first stopped at "D" Beach:


Showing Cam how to stomp a kelp bulb (officially called a "gas bladder". Yeah.)

We went tide pooling one morning and I saw a HUGE starfish out on a rock. So we all started out to the rock where it was, and then WHOOSH, we almost got swept away by the waves. The water was so bitingly cold on my feet, that I started yelling as I was frantically running back to the beach. I really really freaked Cameron out. After that, he was pretty clingy and scared of the ocean. (Good goin', Marisa!)


While at the coast, we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium!







More playing on the beach by our vacation rental:

We headed back to Portland and saw the zoo, the children's museum and finger painted with pudding! The kids loved it :)


Jill made family reunion shirts for us! The shirts have 9 houses on them. Get it? 9-house? (Except it's actually pronounced Ny-en-house.) Cool huh!

3 comments:

Raspberry said...

Hah! Great idea for the shirts.

deb sorensen said...

I love Lincoln City. Nick would be so jealous!

Heidi Noel said...

Our shirts would have a ball of some sort and a man. Yours are much cuter.