Monday, May 04, 2009

Elder Bednar's CES Fireside

We watched this from the lds.org website and it caused some real introspection. And our habits will change.

I wanted to share it with you all--because it's that good.

Click here:
Elder Bednar's Talk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how they really know what is out there! I'm still trying to work out how I feel about a lot of the blogs I read. Though, I LOVE that blogs keep me updated on my family and friends, I'm sure there are limits to how much time I should be spending and not ever letting it interfere with my family.

Shayla said...

That was an AMAZING talk! I always love Elder Bednar because he just says it like it is. And I'm with Ruthie...a little torn over how much time to spend reading blogs...but I hardly have time to read them anyway! You're lucky though that you're married, I think a lot of that talk applied to dating! (luckily I don't do online dating....)

Heidi Noel said...

I loved the talk. I loved how he talked about respecting the human body. I loved how he was quite blunt. I am amazed at how aware our General Authorities are. We/I tend to think they live in Salt Lake and don't know what the real world is like. When Bednar gets THAT voice I know I need to listen for my own eternal benefit.

As to blogs and things I have a plan. I am giving myself 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for a whole day to do my computer stuff. If I have a lesson to plan, that means I get less blog time, etc. For me that is a good start. I also hope to do that when my children are sleeping, like before they wake up or when they nap or are asleep at night.

Sorry, this got very long. Thanks for this post. That is what made Andy and me watch it right away instead of waiting. We cleaned and packed while watching.