Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July! With Birthdays, Family, 4th of July Celebrations, and Camping Trips! Whew!

This month we had a lot going on! On the 3rd was Cameron's first birthday! Some of my family (we missed you, Dan!) came from Utah and we all stayed in a condo in Winter Park, CO. We came down to Boulder to show them our home and the fun Pearl Street Mall, and then we went back up for Cam's birthday party. He got some really nice things from his aunts, uncles , grandparents, and great grandparents! Thank you all so very much! It was a great day!
We also stayed up in the mountains for the 4th of July. We went to see a parade in the town of Granby. It was a good one! (But VERY hot, of course.) The day we got back, Brian's friend Christian came to Colorado so they could go backpacking for a couple of days in the Lost Creek Wilderness area.

After all the trips, friends and family visiting, we got back into routine. I've started running (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and biking (Tuesday, Thursday) with my friend Anna (who's also in our ward and a close neighbor). Hopefully I can make the habit last so that I can get some real results from it! Brian is also running with his friend, Ryan (who's also in our ward). Cameron is learning more and more! He's beginning to stand alone and take a few steps! He recognizes certain words and phrases like "Mom," "Dad," "clock," "cracker," "brush my hair!" and "puppy." We think he might possibly be saying some of those words, but it's still kind of uncertain.
These are pictures of Brian & Christian's trip to Lost Creek.


Joseph & Evie on the Alpine Slide ski lift.
Janna and Dad!

I think they stopped to hide out from the HAIL for awhile.

Here's Cam on his beloved Fire truck he got from Gma Marsha and Gpa Gary.
"Gramarsha" (that's how Katie & Evie call her--or at least used to) & Cameron during the 4th of July Parade in Granby.

More parade watching.
Evie, Katie, Mom w/ Cam.
Brian and I often wear headlamps (I used it breastfeeding at night, I use it to check on Cam in the night still, we use it when we need to see something in our deep dark closet...the uses are endless!) So my family thinks it's funny that I wear it all the time. So I took a picture with Cam wearing it. Now he's a true Neyenhuis.
Grandpa Gary & Grandma Marsha w/ Cam at Pearl Street.
Brian & Cam
Birthday party!

4 comments:

Shayla said...

haha you are so funny I miss you!!! When do we get to play again? :) Cute pics! I've been watching the mail for MONTHS and still have yet to see that secret package containing one sheepy shirt (hehehe)

Heidi Noel said...

I can't believe that it has been a year since you had Cam. Sometimes it seems longer and sometimes so short. You know what I mean. The pictures made me "homesick".

Raspberry said...

1. You have a really cute kid.
2. I wish I had your motivation when it came to running...instead I'm eating a Snickers bar. This says a lot about where you'll be and where I'll be in 20 years.
sigh.

J & K Shapiro said...

CUTE! I am soooo excited to see Cam again!