Hey everyone! Fall semester has begun here--but doesn't mean that much to us since Brian is done with classes--but I still feel like I can get back into the swing of things. Since I deleted my other blog, I am hoping that I can blog a little more often on this one...
It was really nice to have a long break and time with family. I feel sort of energized and better able to tackle my responsibilities here in Boulder again. The first week we spent with my family at Flaming Gorge, UT. We all stayed in some cabins at Red Canyon Lodge near Dutch John. We went on a little rafting trip for a couple of hours which was fun and... calming ;) It was a very mild river trip, and so I guess all of us were a little overexcited about any rapids we ran into. Whenever someone would whoop, Cameron would flip out and start crying. So no more screaming. You can say "Yahoo!" but no screaming, shrieking, or shouting. We also played a lot of games (mostly Sequence and a little Settlers of Catan), and rented a pontoon boat and took it out on the Reservoir (or do you call it a lake?). We were sorta planning on swimming while on the boat, but it was a little windy and not as warm as you'd like it to be to plunge yourself into frigid lake water. But my cousin Chloee was brave and got in and you could see right away that it wasn't so comfortable (re: much shouting, fast breathing). But nevertheless, Aunt Nona, and sis Kara followed suit and they all tried very hard to get the rest of us (Brian, sis Janna, niece Eve & Katie, and I) in. After some convincing and telling myself just to not think about the cold so much, I got in and we swam around and climbed on the rocks nearby. You will not be seeing the pictures from that.
A few of us also went for a 1hr. horseback ride (Brian, my Dad, uncle Greg, cous Chloee, sis Janna, and I) which was a lot fun especially since most of us were comfortable enough with the horses that they could get them to trot a little (which in my opinion is a little more exciting than merely sitting on the horse as it dutifully follows the one in front of it).
So that was pretty much it for Flaming Gorge. On the way to Salt Lake all of us stopped at Fort Bridger to check it out. Pretty neat place! Lots of really old houses and cool little stream and aspen groves.
2nd week: As soon as we got back from Flaming Gorge we drove to Lehi for the Neyenhuis/Walker Family Reunion. We visited with the family there and had dinner for a little bit and then we had to take Cam home for bed--which comes quickly when you're on vacation and trying to get some quality time in with you family. Saturday early morning (1am) I got the "stomach flu" and was out of commission for the whole day. I forced myself to go to the Anniversary Breakfast Celebration for my parent's #35 (Congratulations again my lovely Mom and Dad!), but I couldn't tolerate the smell or sight of food so well. We left the breakfast early... I stayed at my parent's while Cam and Brian went down to Lehi to continue Family Reunion activities there at Lehi Pool. I wish I could've been there!! Apparently Cameron had SO much fun with the water. He really is a water baby. We'll have to take advantage of that soon and put him in some swimming lessons sometime! The rest of the week was pretty low-key... We went to Temple Square with Grandpa Rudy and Grandma Jill, Jenny and Oliver (see pictures below). We also played in Grandpa Gary's stream quite often (one of Cam's VERY FAVORITE things to do), went shopping at lovely IKEA, Osh Kosh, played in the pool at Gpa Rudy/Gma Jill's hotel, went to Temple Square with sis Kara & kids, had dinner w/ my family and Brian's family... and I'm not sure if I can remember more, or if you're even enjoying my travel log here. SO! On to the pictures:Brian named this picture: "Harry Potter Cam." He is trying on my Dad's glasses.
Cameron with Gma Jill and Gpa Rudy. Man! I WANTED to be there.
I LOVE this picture.
Cameron is SO happy when he plays in water
Flaming Gorge Family Pictures: Uncle Don & Aunt Kim. Isn't this a great picture of them!?!
My parents!
Nona, Greg, Chloee, and Ernie the snuggly dog! :)
All the Becks!
With Grandma Marsha on the pontoon boat snacking.
Brian w/ Evie (left) and Katie getting ready to get in the water.
Cam likes a good watermelon. 
Cameron with cousin Hyrum and their beloved puppies.
Oliver & Cameron at the North Visitor's Center at Temple Square. They played so well together. It was fun watching them.
The three of us in front of the Christus (sp?)The beautiful Salt Lake Temple! Families can be forever! (You can see Katie at the bottom by the Reflection Pool.)
Jane 23
5 months ago















1 comments:
WOW what a fun post! I didn't know you deleted your other blog, I wondered why it hadn't come up and said it was updated in awhile. :) I'm sad you were here and I didn't even get to see you! but I'm sure you had a good excuse. :) Cam is getting SOOO big! I can't believe how huge he is getting! And your parents look good, as always, you'll have to tell them hi for me. Your parents really do go down in my book as some of the greatest parents I've met. :) Hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment