Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beautiful Child!

So in addition to posting more pictures of Cameron the Beautiful, I thought we'd talk more about what we're up to. It's a blog after all--but we'll spare you super long epistles.


Marisa: I started going to a water aerobics class on campus with my friend Maryann from our ward once a week. The Rec Center has a Children's Center where you can drop off your kids for up to 2 hours for just $1.25 an hour! It's a beautiful thing. I also go up to the Rec Center to exercise about 2 other times each week along with the water aerobics.

Once a month I go to Scrapbooking club--CU Family Housing provides these mini clubs/ classes for free. So they provide all the cool paper, stickers, etc. and we just bring our albums and pictures! They also have a children's music class that I take Cameron to every Monday morning--and he has a great time!

Our ward recently rearranged boundaries, but I still go to the "unofficial" Relief Society book club with the old group of folks. This month we are reading The Color of Water by James McBride. It's a good mix of younger and older women. We have a lot of fun!

Brian: I just started my last semester of classes, so after this it's nothing but research , and I'll probably at least sit in on a few more classes later, but I don't have to take anymore for credit, and that will be pretty nice. I'm also trying to pass comps II this semester. At CU we don't have a written comprehensive exam, but we have to write a review paper on a topic unrelated to our research, give a presentation on it, and then get grilled in an oral exam, that can, and will, cover anything they think I should know. So between classes and comps II I should stay pretty busy, and hopefully still have some time to work in the lab.

I've started running again with the goal of running the Bolder Boulder (its a really laid back race, but I would like to do well). It seems I always pick the worse time to pick it up, this morning when I went running it was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit with light snow flurries, but I didn't have to run past all the bums that usually hang out by the river and that was a plus.

Cameron: He's learning how to sit up--and doing pretty well at it! His top two teeth are coming in. Remarkably he doesn't seem to be that bothered by the teething--just once in a while it seems to bother him. We also started him on vegetables and fruits when we got back from Utah. So far he loves peas and squash but not peaches. I would think it'd be the other way around . . . but I'm glad he loves his vegetables! He also loves Brian to play his guitar and sing to him. He doesn't like being alone, naptime, . . . and he HATES this little toy monkey we got from Brian's parents last year. Its arms work as a slingshot, so when you fling it and it hits something it makes this horribly loud shrieking sound. It scares the heck out of him! (See below.)



He really likes strings and laces lately.
Look at that beautiful face!
Cameron still enjoys going outside even when it's bitterly cold--like on this particular day.
Man, he has a great smile, doesn't he?


2 comments:

J & K Shapiro said...

OH!! So, cute! LOVE all of the pictures of Cameron!!! And you too Mis! You look great. Fun to read about what you are up to too. "The Color of Water" is an interesting read for sure! Sometimes sobering and sometimes funny. Glad you are rockin' out in Coloradie!!
Love you sooo much!
Kar

Shayla said...

cute!! :)