Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sundays

We went to the Temple yesterday- yes, both of us with the kids. We took turns going to a session each. Whoever had the kids played with them at one of the nearby playgrounds. When it was my turn, Ivy was yelling out of overtiredness, so I took them all for a 20 minute-drive so she could catch a few Zs and then she woke up. I had to get something to eat, so we went to Whole Foods. And MAN was that a circus with those three. We went to the potty twice there. The second time, Cameron didn't want to go in because it was the girl's room. And then I convince him to sit on the potty and he wouldn't go because Ivy was screaming of fright because of the loud flushing noise from the automatic-sensor-type toilet. He just sat there with his hands over his ears with a panicked look on his face. Oh boy. But, it was all worth it. 

Today was a nice, calm Sunday. We went to church as usual. We did have like a 50-minute EPIC battle with Cameron over wearing Sunday clothes, putting on Sunday shoes, getting to the car, buckling, etc. etc. I went in with the girls and then after 35 minutes I take them out to investigate. Turned out that Cameron decided to start walking home-barefoot. He started walking into one of the backyards of a house behind the church and stepped on a thornbush. Brian had to carry him back to the church and pull out like 20 thorns out of his feet. Brian says Cam told him that it was the worst day ever and he'd never have a good day again. But do you know what? When we got home from church and he said he had the best day ever. Brian said, "But... I'm pretty sure you said earlier you were having the worst day ever." Cameron says, "Well, I just changed my mind."

We've got a nice amount of rain this evening, but before it started we got out and enjoyed the cool weather.

Making the snapdragons "talk."

monkeybars

I will really miss these big fields around Family Housing. 
checking on the garden...
 eating a few strawberries

Do you know what I found and am now absolutely in LOVE with?
This shop called Sarah Jane Studios. She's an illustrator. What adorable stuff.
Makes me want to learn how to draw or paint. Or both. 

1 comments:

Scott said...

Cameron! What spirit! I can't believe he decided to walk home from church. I'm going to miss your cute and funny kids :)