Friday, May 07, 2010

Mom Speaks!

I went to hear my Mom speak at BYU Women's Conference last week and it was great to get away and take a break from everyday life for a few days! It was wonderful seeing family!

Here's Miss Liesel figuring out how to stand by herself. I just love that baby.
 
Here's a view from campus. She spoke at the Hinckley Alumni Center. 
Like the snow? Just not in late April! Oh, springtime. What a fickle creature you are.  
Mom gave a great talk on "Finding Strength in a Worldwide Sisterhood" and spoke with Sister Terri Packer, wife of Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy. Elder Packer was the mission president of one of my very first roommates. It was cool to talk to Sister Packer about that! 

3 comments:

Kara said...

Mis, I'm so glad you came! It was so great for us cousins. Looking forward to the next visit! And btw you are a great photographer! Can I get copies??

deb sorensen said...

I'm not sure, but I think you like BYU...and your kid (what a keeper!!

Alissa said...

That is sooo cool! Elder Packer was my husband's mission president too! Maybe your roommate and my hubby know each other :)