Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Unclean! Unclean!

What have we been up to? Oh... y'know... being sick. For weeks.
First Liesel got a sinus infection. Then Brian and I both got sinus infections. Plus shingles for me. Then came the wet coughs for both kids. 1 or 2 day break. Then Liesel got another virus. Then Cameron got bronchiolitis complete with chest x-rays! They suspected pneumonia but his lungs looked good. He did get a dose of steroid to help with the constant coughing so he could sleep. The doctor warned us he'd be fussy and irritable. Well, wow was he ever irritable! If he wasn't watching a cartoon or being read to, he was crying or would fall asleep, poor kid. And now 2 days later Cameron is back at the doc's again for an ear infection. This is getting to be a little funny-ridiculous, I think! Maybe when the planets align we'll all be healthy...

In other news, Brian is going to two Physics Conferences this Spring/Summer. One to Houston, TX and another to AUSTRALIA. He's planning on visiting that Great Barrier Reef in all its tropical glory. Lucky. As for me, I have started exercising Mon-Fri hoping to shed the remaining baby weight (and to be healthier of course). Biking on Tuesdays and Thursdays and an easy running program called Couch to 5K on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Maybe you've heard of it? ;-) You can check out the program here if you're interested. I'm also in the middle of helping with the interview process of hiring new Resident Managers for Family Housing. Also "Family Week" is next week (Spring Break), so I'll be helping with some events then too. (Bowling and a hockey game- Denver Avalanche.)

 Anyway- here a couple pictures for family-viewing pleasure:
Mom & Dad, you know the Little Golden Book you have, Boy with a Drum? Here's Cameron's rendition.


And I have to say, 9 month olds are irresistibly adorable with their new-found babbling ability, giggling, and excited arm flapping.

5 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

SOOOO jealous of the hockey game. The hockey team here is AWFUL. Our Spring Break isn't until the next week. (That way they don't have to do an Easter break, I think.)

Tima said...

Shingles is no fun, I had it my Junior year in BYU-Idaho, definitely no bueno! Well, I hope things slow down on your side and hopefully you're all healthy for your Utah trip. Take care!!

Raspberry said...

Your kids didn't by chance have RSV, did they? Eli has it, but I dont' think we've been around each other for a while. Weird all the stuff that's going around. And scary!

Marisa said...

No, not that I know of. I think they've everything else though. I hope Eli gets better soon!

mountainmama said...

Wow - your house sounds like it has been a fiesta. Hopefully you are all on the mend and feeling better before Brian leaves.