Monday, February 08, 2010

Lucile's - Birthday Breakfast

This morning we went to Lucile's. I love going out for breakfast. And we love Lucile's. It's a Creole place in downtown Boulder.
Here's why:



"orange juice fresh-squeezed by your wait person." It is the best beverage in the whole world.

Beignets. Just at look at them. There are no words.
Cheese omelet and the breakfast potatoes. Excellent. And that biscuit was the size of Liesel's head.
Powdered sugar ALL over yourself. And they gave Cameron milk in a sippy cup. These people have SIPPY CUPS for the kids! AND they usually give you a pencil box of random toys for the kids to play with while they wait for food. Double points.

It was a good, good weekend. On Saturday my good friend Stephanie watched our kids while Brian and I went out to paint pottery and then to Cheesecake Factory. Of course I had the Mahi Mahi Mediterranean and the vanilla bean cheesecake.



Thank you to everyone who called, sent me wishes on facebook, sent packages and treats. I felt loved and that was the best of all. It made me especially grateful to have a wonderful family and so many great friends in my life.

3 comments:

Raspberry said...

That looks amazing...and what a fun idea to have breakfast together.

J & K Shapiro said...

I'm interested in a breakfast date with you!

Marisa said...

Kar, done and done! When y'all come out to CO next time, we'll make the menfolk watch the kids and off we'll go!