Monday, November 22, 2010

Grandma Visits & Gobble Wobble 5K

We all had a wonderful time when Grandma Jill came to visit! We wish our parents and parents in-law could visit more often!

We did a lot of fun stuff, but here are some pictures of our trip to the Denver Children's Museum!
Chicken puppet!
Hi ya Grandma!
Brother. Try to get this kid away from the fire truck. Oh MAN. Fo'get about it!
I did my 2nd 5K this past Saturday, the 20th. Oh my HEAVENS it was frigid. Cam was fine until the last 1/2 mile or so. He was just plain cold by the end. But Liesel. That kid bawled her face off the WHOLE 3.1 miles. I think she just hated the stroller. Anyway, since Brian is the real runner, he said he'd take care of the kids so I could run. I don't know how many times he had to stop and carry Liesel for a bit. By the time we crossed the finish line (yes, he caught up to me each time he stopped), both kids had EXPIRED. We grabbed our "light lunch" and bag o' congratulations-you-did-our-race junk and drove home.
Here are a few token pictures:
Before the race start. Brian was shivering violently. But I brought my down coat, so I was good. :)     
comin' around the bend.
I was making that face because Brian was holding a crying Liesel while taking this photo. Poor kid.



And when I'm worried and I can't sleep,
I'll count my blessings instead of sheep,
and I'll fall asleep 
counting my blessings.
-Irving Berlin

 Happy Thanksgiving you all!

3 comments:

deb sorensen said...

EESH! coooooold.

I love liesel's yawn

Docney said...

Now WHY would anyone wish to run, thatlong and that much,unless chased by a lion or so . . .
L.O.L.
Thanks !! Great pictures,
"Opa"

Kersten said...

WAAAHOO! Congrats girlie!